Sunday, May 18, 2008

Marathoner

We went and watched Josh's mom come over the finish line at the Ogden Marathon. She is so amazing, NO JOKE, this marathon was number 14 for her! It was cute, the closer she got, Chloee recognized her and was beaming, hence Kathy's smile. Her hat made a bad shadow but still I thought it was a cute shot of her.

When she crossed the finish line the announcer said, "And a strong finish for Kathleen Dodds of Riverton". I don't know what has been going on with me lately, everything makes me cry (NO I'M NOT PREGNANT). As I heard them say her name it brought tears to my eyes and I was just so incredibly proud of her. Weird, huh, it's not like it was her first one or anything, she's ran 13 other ones! Either way, my emotional wreck or not, she did an amazing job. Congrats Kathy and I am so proud of you!


Did I mention that she got back on Wednesday night from a 2 week vacation in Europe and ran the race on Saturday. See what I mean, TOUGH AS NAILS!


Kathy and her sister, Ellen. They have ran every marathon together. Yep, all 14!


No day is complete without "grandma kisses". Way to be, you're the woman!

9 comments:

Jenny said...

Wow! What an amazing woman!! That's awesome that she's run over a dozen marathons with her sister!! I have never even ran one, I don't even know if I could. I am looking forward to running a 2 mile fun run in our canyon for the 24th of July celebration but that's about as far as I run these days.....unless I decide to walk it!

Jon. Jamie. Ethan. Lynsi. Katie. said...

Yeah for those who can even complete a marathon! I am just trying to get 2 miles in every other day! :)
I hope that you are having better days now! Oh! My brother and his wife love their "clear play", I don't know what kind you have, or know anything about them, but good luck with yours! We want a clear play!

The Family said...

Thanks once again, Kim. I love those pictures of Chlo giving me kisses. I love the ones of Josh and Ellen as well. We should have gotten you in there! Thanks for all of your support. It makes a huge difference at the finish if you know someone is there for you!!!! I love you guys!

Krysta said...

That is awesome and so inspiring. It makes me want to get out there and run! About you being emotional...there is something about a marathon or any running event that brings out emotions, at least for me!, maybe you too... :)

Mandy said...

Wow...14 marathon's? I wish I could run more than 2 miles...26? I would be dead! I'm lucky too, to have an awesome mother-in-law! We must be pretty lucky!!!
I haven't visited your blog forever...I love your posts, and Chloee is getting so big. She's so cute...and I can't wait to visit your other blog and see all the pictures! Craig and I need some new family pics....we'll have to chat about that sometime soon!

The Over Family said...

That is so awesome that your mother-in-law runs marathons! I hope that I'll be the same way when I get to be her age. My goal was to run a marathon every year after high school. Well, I ran four of them and then life changed (for the better, but my running went completely downhill). I definitely want to run more, but who knows when I'll have the time that I need to train for one again! :) Tell your mother-in-law congrats!

Amy and Micheal said...

She is amazing!! Seven kids and she has done 14 marathons?! I really hope to be able to do at least one more before I die. Now that Micheal has been running so much, we really want to do one together. I doubt though that we will compete in an Alaskan one, if they even have one. Too cold. Well, maybe summer wouldn't be too bad. Tell Kathy congrats!

Heather said...

Your MIL amazes me! I bet that was so cool for her to have you guys there. You guys are such a great family!

Renae Williams said...

I love the pictures of Chloee kissing grandma Kathy at the finish. They are priceless. Congrats to Kathy for being an awesome runner and completing 14 marathons. I couldn't even finish one.