Sunday, July 4, 2010

4th of July

Every year we usually spend the 4th of July up at my parents' house. We went up on Sunday afternoon. Josh and my Dad went to the Patriotic Program Sunday night. They do that every year. We slept over and the festivities started on Monday.


THE RACE
My little brother, Matthew, asked Chloee if she wanted to run the "Main Street Mile" with him. Obviously, really he meant that he'd run it with her. My Dad is in charge of it every year, I guess that comes with being the cross country coach. The race is right before the parade starts, so they run the mile down main street. I was so proud of her, I was crying. I know, I know. Matt said that when he'd tell her it was okay to walk, then she'd speed up some more. I can't believe my 4 year old, not just 4, BARELY 4, by 1 month, ran this.


She was so excited to get a baby water at the end.


My Dad was at the end cheering all the kids in and timing them. My Dad said that Chloee did it in 11 minutes and 40 seconds. She did awesome, especially for being probably the youngest one doing it.


Some little girl crossed the finish line in these. My Dad said to her, "Anyone who can run a race in snow boots deserves a medal."


My Dad, Matt & Chloee.


Matt, thanks so much for asking Chloee to do this and for taking her and being her little "personal coach". She loved every minute of it.


THE PARADE
Ok, so I took no pictures whatsoever of the parade. Here is a family picture though. I don't think I have any of the 4 of us together.


Could my shirt be any cooler? Rosie the Riveter, it doesn't get much cooler than that!


I made Josh show off his shirt too. Susan gave it to him for Father's Day. I just love that pose he's doing.


Yeah, I don't really know what was going on in this picture or what they were saying, but it's cute!


Every year we watch the parade on my grandma's front yard. It comes right by her house. This was probably our last year doing that. She passed away last November and they are selling the house. We got a picture of all the siblings in front of the house, minus Leslie, who lives in Nevada.


FUN AT THE HOUSE
Yeah, I don't really know what Josh is doing in this picture and I'm sure that I'll pay dearly for putting it on here but it was just too good.


Yep, got one of Jordan too!


We played Croquet. This is an all time new favorite at the Williams household. There's a lot of cheating going on while playing that game. Anything less would be boring.


Yep, she's got BIG, curious eyes!


Who doesn't love a Sissy ride. Ok, so just Halle rides and Chloee pushes but that sounds about right with Halle's demanding personality.


This girl LOVES to stuff her face (if it's her idea).


Us being weird. What else is new?


Hey, you know it wasn't enough for Josh to have his appendix out this year.... why not throw is back out? His idea, NOT mine. I'm a total Heifer.


THE FIREWORKS
We always go up to my Aunt Sharon's house and watch them on her front lawn. She lives right next to where they set them off. Great view.


I need to play around with this setting a little bit more. I'll get better by the time the 24th rolls around. We had so much fun. It was a great Independence Day!

2 comments:

Alisa and Paul said...

What a great 4th of July! I love the family pictures. You guys are like a living party. It always looks like you are having fun. I love that.

I also thought Chloee and the races was so sweet. I think I would have cried too. I don't know why but when I see people work hard like that it kind of gets me. The year I taught 4th grade and had some cute little chunks work so hard for the Wellsville Mile I was so proud for them. There were also the lazy bums who would cut corners and just talk about wanna be teen age things. That wasn't cute or touching. Anyhow- your family is adorable! Happy summer!

Amy and Micheal said...

Oh those eyes on the Hallester!! They are HUGE! I'm so proud of Chloee for running that whole mile! She looked so cute coming in! Kai can't wait to run it with her next year. I'll be surprised if Kennet will. Maybe if he can run with a hook, that might work. I love those pictures of you and Josh. All his idea? Yeah, sure. JK It was great to see you guys at the parade!