Thursday, July 15, 2010

Happy Birthday Mom

Happy Birthday Mom! The Big 52!!! Ok, so anything past 50 is big, so next year it will be, The Big 53! This picture is of us in the hospital right after I had Chloee. My mom was there for everything. She's such a great support and I love her so much. Chloee is named after her. What, you didn't know my mom's real name is Chloee? Yep..... nope, just kidding but Chloee's middle name is Renae.

My mom is amazing. She is a very giving, selfless person. She is the most amazing woman. I know (especially now that I have kids) how much hell I put her through and I don't know why she still talks to me after all of that. I put my mom through hell when I was a teenager. No matter my awful decisions, I knew that my mom still loved me, I never doubted that she loved me despite the things I was doing. I'm sure she was disappointed, but she never stopped loving me and she always made sure I knew that.

"God couldn't be everywhere, that's why He made mothers." I have truly benefited from this saying in so many ways.

Thank you, mom, for never giving up on a very lost young woman who didn't know who she was. Thank you for putting up with me and for not laughing hysterically when I call you and cry about how bad my kids are being. I know they are both just like me, especially the second one.

I love you!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Kim,

I noticed that a few posts down you were looking for new recipes. I've posted on my blog an easy recipe that I just tried last night. It's a fun way to make lasagna (if you guys like that). I don't care to cook either. We eat a lot of frozen processed foods: chicken nuggets, corn dogs, fish sticks, ect. which I know is so unhealthy. I love to go out to eat so I don't have to cook. I'm terrible.

Amy and Micheal said...

Ah, Mom, what would we do without her? She is the best mom ever and I only hope to be half the mom that she is! Great post, Kim, to the greatest Mother!