Tuesday, July 13, 2010

The Hates Of Parenthood

I hate to feed my children. I mean I really hate it. I hate meal time. I can never think of what to make and I'm sure that mac and cheese is probably their least favorite thing right now because I feed it to them every day. I especially hate lunch and my kids don't eat anything for breakfast. All Halle ever wants is a fruit snack. Ahhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!

If anyone has any ideas or has some great things that work for them, please share! Of if anyone knows of a website with ideas and recipes on it, please share that too.

While I'm at it, I hate to make dinner too (I'm sure you're shocked). I never know what to make and I'm no chef like my husband. If anyone has easy dinner recipes and/or a website, please share.

Yes, I know that I'm all but begging right now.... okay so I AM doing that. HELP ME!

2 comments:

thejohnmfamily said...

I agree--lunch is hard. I make a lot of small finger foods, such as quesedillas, little sandwiches (use cookie cutters to make them into shapes and they'll probably eat them), cheese (use cookie cutters for this too), crackers, carrot sticks, melon chunks, scrambled eggs, etc. Anything that makes them feel like they get variety on their plates usually works. I'd give you some dinner recipes, but you've sworn off that penne, which is my favorite one to share.

Amy and Micheal said...

I think we should just go with my 5th grade idea.... invent a machine that we can put in a super code and it pops out a little cube we chew (that tastes delicious, of course) and it has all the nutritional value of a full meal. Tell Josh not to worry, we don't do organic! Ha ha! I hear ya! I hate lunchtime, too! You and I should try and come up with some things for each day!