Thursday, July 29, 2010

Our 8th.. Um, 7th Anniversary

On July 29, 2010, we celebrated our 7 year anniversary. I kept saying it was our 8th. I get so confused, we've been together for 8 years but only married for 7. We dated for a year before we got married so I always think of us as married for 8 years because that's how long we've been together. Isn't it supposed to be the man who gets this stuff wrong?

We didn't do much. We were short on time, money, babysitter, etc. I asked my mom if she'd watch them overnight Thursday. My parents were coming down to our house that next day for a Williams family reunion in Bountiful on Friday. I met my mom in Brigham on Thursday morning to make the child exchange. Josh worked half a day and came home around 2 pm. I came home and mowed the lawn.

That night we went to Lagoon. I have a season pass and Josh paid the $10 on a bounce back day from when he was previously there with us. We met up with some friends that night, Nate and Melissa. Josh and I waited in line for an hour in the blazing hot sun to get on the Samurai. After, we didn't feel so hot. We went on some more rides with our friends and then the more we went on, the more Melissa, Josh and I got more and more sick. By about 8 pm, we were standing in line for Dracula's Castle when I went over to the garbage can and dry heaved. I wish I just would have thrown up, I would have felt better. Seeing as how 3 of the 4 of us were sick and lightheaded, we left. We went to Wingers. We sat there ate popcorn, ate our food and laughed hysterically. We had a grand old time.

We came home and tried to watch a movie but were unsuccessful, we zonked. We got up the next morning and went to the Ogden temple to do sealings. We try to always go to the temple when we are celebrating our anniversary. I was in proxy for a daughter who was being sealed to her parents and the mother's maiden name was Williams. I thought that was pretty cool.

We went out to eat for lunch and had to get home to take the dog to the vet. All in all, we had a good time, except for the being sick stuff. My parents brought the girls back that night on their way down to the dinner in Bountiful. Mom, thank you so much for taking the girls so that Josh and I could have a little bit of quiet, alone time with one another.

Happy Anniversary Josh! Only 3 more years til we go to Hawaii for our 10 year!

1 comments:

Amy and Micheal said...

Wow, 7 years!! That has gone by really fast! I'm so glad that you and Josh found each other at that lame restaurant, and that i set zilles straight. Hawaii will be a blast!! I know a great place to stay... :)