Tuesday, July 6, 2010

BIC

You may be wondering what BIC is. I will tell you, all in due time. I was up at my mom's a couple of months ago. My brother, Matt and I were talking about how great those Frappes from McDonald's look on the commercials. We went up and got some. Of course we asked for the "caramel" one not the "mocha". That way, we wouldn't get the coffee one.

Well, we start sipping them and we both kind of say that it has a weird aftertaste. Oh well, we keep drinking and kind of looking at each other like, 'these don't taste so great'. We get home and I say to my mom that it tastes awful. Halle is begging me for some so I let her have some. She just keeps drinking and drinking and drinking.

I tell my mom, "This stuff is so bad, it's BIC." My mom asks what on earth that is and I proceed to tell her it's, "BUTT IN a CUP". That's right. We called it that for the rest of the night because it was so awful tasting.

I FORCED my mother to taste it, just so she could see how awful it was and she goes, "That's coffee". What? No, I got caramel, not mocha. My mom says, I'm pretty darn sure that's coffee.

I get on McDonald's website to check it out. I can't find any information. All the while Halle is walking around drinking it. SUPER GOOD MOM AWARD THERE. I finally find it and sure enough it is coffee. I had no idea. Evidently it's all coffee and just mocha or caramel are added flavors. Yes, I know you are thinking that I'm all too naive and when it comes to this, evidently that is VERY true.

As I'm sitting there at the computer in awe, I turn to my little brother and say, "Hey, you're going to Hell, you just drank coffee." We started to laugh and then my Mom looks down at Halle and said, "Hey, you're going to Hell too, little one." I thought Matt and I were going to pee our pants from laughing so freaking hard. It was the funniest thing ever.

When Amy showed up at my mom's, I made her try it. She refused for a long time but eventually she took a sip and said, "That tastes like crap. Is that coffee?" What? How did she know?

We had a good laugh for the next couple of days about the BIC and the fact that grandma told my baby that she's going to Hell. Oh the sweet joys in life!

3 comments:

thejohnmfamily said...

Gavin had coffee a year or so ago at my parents. My whole family drinks coffee it seems, and I was not pleased when they gave some to Gavin. Of course, he loved it as well.

Alisa and Paul said...

I am so glad I am not the only one who thought that drink looked yummy! I was just worried it might be kind of like a... cappuccino thing but was too embarrassed to ask. You get kind of tired being 25 and still not knowing some "terms". I was visiting my sister and she was telling her friend this funny story about some "swingers". At first I thought they were dancers but that didn't make sense with the story. Then I thought it was like a switch hitter or a homosexual. But that didn't make sense either. I just laughed when others did and asked Paul later.

At least Halle got to enjoy it :). I love that your mom said she was going to hell. You got to love sweet little grandmas :).

Amy and Micheal said...

I thought I was going to pee my pants that was so hilarious. And that did taste so NASTY!!! Seriously, who would actually drink that? Ok, so Halls wished she could have licked the bottom of the cup, but besides her, I mean, really? Uck! That's probably all they'll be serving in hell. :)