Sunday, April 13, 2008

Our SG Trip

Chloee and I went to St. George with Josh's Mom and his sister while Josh was out of town in Georgia this last week. It was a packed car of 8. Kathy (Josh's mom), her 2 kids, Tyler and Rachael, Stacie (Josh's sister), her 2 kids, Chandler and Rhyder and me and the Chlo. We went Monday to Wednesday and had a blast. Here are a few of the highlights!

I didn't want to take my nice camera to St. George with me and chance having it get stolen or something so LUCKY for me, Stacie let me download some of her pics off of her camera. Thanks Stacie!

The kids went swimming, except Rhyder and Chloee. Rhyder was too content in Grandma's arms as you can see. Chloee just plain and simple wouldn't get into her swimming suit because it involved doing something I asked her. SHOCKER!


We ate at The Pizza Factory / The Pasta Factory the first night. It was good but we made a wicked mistake of going there again the next night and NOTHING was good, except the bread sticks. I think we all walked away from that place sick!

In the downstairs of the restaurant it was neat. We sat in a patio like thing and birds were flying around. The kids LOVED that. You can kind of tell the atmosphere in the picture above of Stacie and Chandler.


We went to the Fiesta Fun Center on Tuesday. It was so much fun. Chloee wasn't tall enough to go on any rides and the stupid girl at the ticket counter was... well, words can't explain how much I wanted to deck her. Let's just put it that way. The guy over these cars said she could ride if i rode on back with her. Whahooooo! Chloee and Chandler had a lot of fun. We tried to pass up Chandler but he was TOO fast for us. I don't even know if these things went a whopping 1 mph.


Ty, Rach and Kathy went on the water bumper boats.


Inside, Chloee played on the "soft fun play". She was FREE, YEAH! She also played on some other fun rides and she LOVED to put the token in the slot, it was way more fun to her than playing any game or ride!


Sure, why not smile Rhyder? After tickling him, NOTHING, not one smile cracked! Stinker!


Oh, yes! Tyler was playing a game where something spins around and you hurry and hit the stop and it lands on how many tickets you get. He was trying for the 50. Chloee and I came up and played it once and totally his the jackpot. Sorry Ty, but GREAT for us! She's my little gambler at heart. Ok, so maybe me but it felt so good! I should NEVER go to Vegas for that very reason.

THERE WERE 3 THINGS THAT HAPPENED THAT ABSOLUTELY MADE ME LAUGH SO HARD ON THIS TRIP THAT I WAS ACTUALLY CRYING AND I WAS TOLD THAT MY LAUGH SOUNDED LIKE A CASH REGISTER... GO FIGURE!


#1: While we were at the Fiesta Fun Center, Stacie was on her knees trying to find something in her purse with Rhyder in her lap. All of a sudden she was like, "Oh my gosh, he just pooped on me". Oh, I can hardly even type it. Rhyder had just pooped on a 2nd pair of her jeans since the trip started. Kathy and I stared at each other and about lost it, it was way toooooo funny!


#2: We went to see Horton Hears a Who in the movie theater. That was my first experience with Chloee at a movie and I have to say, she was pretty good, as long as she had Grandma's popcorn to eat. It was nothing like poor Jamie's experience.

As we are walking up to the booth to buy the tickets, Kathy and I were behind everyone and we were like, "Do we have everyone" and we noticed Tyler wasn't out of the car yet. He hopped out and we were up paying for our tickets and Stacie noticed she didn't have Rhyder. Oh, you would have had to have been there to truly appreciate how funny this was. She was thinking about how happy she was that she wouldn't have to pay for him when she realized that he was still in his carseat in the car. Now, before you think we are a bunch of neglectful people, he pretty much slept through the entire trip and sometimes we forgot we even had him. Oh, I don't even want to think about what would have happened if we had actually got into the movie and never noticed, but we didn't so that makes it funny!

#3: Stacie is sooo skinny and we were commenting on how she has no butt! We were at a stoplight and this extremely skinny guy that had no butt walked across the crosswalk and Kathy exclaimed, "Hey, Stac, that guy looks just like you, he walks like you, he's got no butt" I don't know why that was so funny to me but it was.

I cried on every one of these occasions. Oh, I'm assuming most of you didn't laugh as hard as I did. HAD TO BE THERE MOMENTS, gotta love them.

So... when Wednesday came, we went home. I love this picture of Chandler hauling out his luggage. I can't even remember it all. Just a few more memories.

* Chloee imitating Rhyder by putting her fist in her mouth and sucking on it like Rhyder when he was hungry.

*Chloee imitating the older kids by putting ice on her forehead for no reason known to her, just that everyone else was doing it because they were hot.

*Searching for Chloee's binki for about an hour in the hotel room.

*Kathy taking the wrong exit twice. One time at night when Chloee and Rhyder were screaming their heads off. Oh that fun loop!

*Enchanted soundtrack stuck in our heads ALL DAY!

*When I got hit by a double swinging door at The Pizza Factory.

*Rhyder gulping his food in the middle of the night.

*Kathy letting me drive the Tahoe. (She was almost asleep at the wheel, other than that, it never would have happened.) Have to give you a hard time!

SOOO many and I can't even remember them all. I had a blast. Thanks for driving Kathy and for the hotel. It was fun to get away. I will always remember this trip and cherish it for years to come!

4 comments:

Amy and Micheal said...

Oh Kim, I am in TEARS from laughing so hard!!! Especially the one about leaving Rhyder in the car. That is too good! I loved all the pictures, and all the comments to go with them! I am so glad that you had such a fun time! Too bad that little Mong didn't get in her swimsuit, she SO CUTE in it! I can just picture her putting the ice on her forehead all dramatic like. What a cutie! Oh yeah, I LOVE the picture of you behind Chloee in the car. You look great, cute accessories! Chloee's face is priceless as she zooms behind the wheel!

The Family said...

What do you mean Chlo is a little gambler? You were the one jumping up and down, screaming with excitement! That was a sight to be seen. Very fun.

Also, I must say you did a good job driving. It was a very fun trip and I can't wait to do it again!

Lastly, you DO laugh like a cash register. It makes me laugh just to imagine it. I just wish I'd caught it all on film.

Thanks for documenting the whole thing. It's fun to read about it.

Jenny said...

Looks like tons of fun. What was the place called where you guys were able to go on all the rides and play games?
What part of St. George is it? My sister lives in Washington with her hubby :)

Stacie Peterson said...

that was so fun even with all you guys picking on me the whole time! j/k Im just glad that chloee didnt keep me up all night. You make her out to be so bad but she is a little angel. Anyway, I would do that again anytime it was a blast!