Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Seriously... SHOUT?

I was doing laundry this morning, as I do every Tuesday. Of course I had to scrub Chloee's shirt from yesterday. If there is one thing I can never let us run out of here, it is SHOUT! It is the only thing that saves Chloee's clothes from not looking absolutely disgusting.

I was SHOUTING her shirt and I hurried and ran downstairs to the laundry room because I had remembered that I didn't put the detergent in. Coming back upstairs I see Chloee holding our SHOUT bottle with the nozzle in her mouth spraying it. I said, "Chloee, did you drink this?". Her response was, "Yeah, nummy!". What? What kind of a kid drinks SHOUT and LIKES IT!

Immediately I called my mom and asked her if I should call Poison Control. Well, just so happens that my sister, Annie, her little girl did the same thing a little bit ago, so my mom told me to call her. I got a hold of Annie and she said that Poison Control contacted the SHOUT company and they said that it is majority water and perfume so she should be okay. What? 2 comments here.... If that is all SHOUT pretty much is, I need to start making my own. Also, of course, I was relieved that it wasn't harmful in the amount she took either. She just said I need to put lots of fluids through her and food and the most that will probably happen, if anything, she will have a little bit of some diarrhea.

Obviously, I need to not leave the SHOUT on the counter in the bathroom. Chloee gets into everything and she's sneaky at it too. Yesterday, she was drinking out of her cousin's glass when Josh told her it wasn't hers and to put it down, she said, "No". He started walking towards her to take it away. Chloee, knowing darn well what he was going to do hurried and got some more swigs in before he could take it away and just smiled at him like, "I got the last laugh and it was on you daddy".

9 comments:

Jen said...

Hi! Chloee sounds like quite the character. Don't you love it when toddlers can give you a run for your money??

Mandy said...

It won't be the last weird thing she eats...or drinks!! There is never a dull day with a toddler! How did the binki thing go? Did you do it?

Jenny said...

So is there another Jen? Maybe I should make my name (that appears on your comment page different)....let me know. Anyway, sorry about the cheese cake thing....I totally LOVE it, why can't it be healthy? Hey speaking of healthy food, do you have that recipie of the fruit pizza (crust and topping) that your mom used to make when we would hang out? It is so good and every time I try to make it, it just doesn't turn out right! You can e-mail me if you want. Also I will totally try the 21 day thing!! I really don't want to go back on my word....I want to stay eating right and exercising!! Thanks for your comments!

Love, Jen Burbank :)

P.S. I'm glad Chloee is ok! That's scary when you can see your kid doing something (that you know is harmful to them), like the time Seth pushed the spray button on the can of sunscreen (he was exactly eye level with it)...yea, it got in his eyes and boy was that one fun to get out!! That's probably something stupid I would do too!

Mandy said...

Throw up?? I can't believe she makes herself throw up.... because she cries so hard?? I'm so sorry! I promise it will get better. Every day she's learning to go without it.....and she'll figure it out....hopefully before you have to do more laundry!! Good luck! Stay strong!!! :)

Do you have two friends named Jen Burbank/? That's weird!

Jon. Jamie. Ethan. Lynsi. Katie. said...

I am glad that she is okay! That's scares me to death when I find out Ethan has gotten in to something that I know he shouldn't! So...drinking SHOUT runs in the family eh! hahahah
YOu need to totally send me those Jamba juice recipes ASAP! We don't have one around here! JOn and I are soooo deprived! my email is jonjamieandethan@gmail.com! THanks!!!!!

Sandstone Writings said...

When I wasn't laughing I was remembering how scary that is. I can't even remember what is was that one of my kids got into, but I do remember kneeling down at my bed and praying to know if he/she would be okay. Fortunately, no harm done.

The Family said...

I told you what I learned at the kids' science fair, didn't I? Spray 'n Wash was the best stain remover. Yip! The experiment was done and it won over Shout. Now you know why. Also, Jolly Time Popcorn has the fewest unpopped kernals, and Ray-o-vac and Kirkland batteries out did the name brands! There you have it!

Amy and Micheal said...

Oh that Chlo, maybe you guys should feed her more so she doesn't have to resort to laundry cleaners for dinner. He he! Reminds me of the time Kai sprayed Resolve right into his eyes. I was bawling to Mom thinking he was going to go blind. 4 years later, he still can see. No underlying damage....yet anyways. Glad she is ok!

spemberly.blogspot.com said...

I'm a fan of Shout. I can't believe it's mostly water and perfume! I'm glad to hear that Chloee is okay. I hate it when they do stuff like that and you have to call poison control!