Tuesday, November 25, 2008

REALLY LONG Rabbit Trails...

I have done rabbit trails before but this one is SO LONG. I obviously had a lot on my mind with my rabbit trails this time. Wow, I know is a novel now but still, I write for me, so feel free to stop reading right now, if you'd like.

*There are a couple of websites that I just can't stay away from. The first is, of course, pinchingyourpennies, I love this site. I have actually gotten a lot of my Christmas shopping done, surprise, surprise, with a very nice discount! The other is this new one that I got from Amy's blog, Cake Wrecks, oh how hilarious this lady is! I can't stay away from it. One night Josh and I went through and looked at a lot of her posts and could not stop laughing! The one with the soiled monkey or the wookie with too much self-tanner! Amy, you know what I mean!

*We have finally made a potty breakthrough with Chloee! Everyone has said that she will do it when she is ready, so I finally just left it alone and figured that I'd take my child to Kindergarten in pull-ups! She has finally just started going on her own. It is amazing. She tells me that she goes in the "big girl" potty because now she REALLY is a big girl, because she sleeps in a big girl bed! Josh wants to get her underwear, I don't know if I'm ready for that yet!

*I am a FREAK when it comes to Christmas presents! I have to get the perfect gift for everyone with lots of thought and creativity to go into it. I make Christmas way more stressful than it needs to be. I have found that I am never quite happy with the reaction that I get from people, after all the hard work I put into their gift. I think sometimes that I AM the impossible one to please, ok, probably most of the time. I am usually always disappointed, so bring on the gift cards as gifts this year. I could never do that for Josh, he is the one that means the ABSOLUTE most to me and I have to find the perfect gift(s) for him. It's like our thing and we can hardly ever keep it from each other. One of us always slips or just can't handle it anymore. I love my husband!

*I have started making freezer meals with my friend, Maren! We both know that once our babies come, there will be NO cooking going on in either of our homes, so we are stocking up! We just made another 2 meals today in only 35 minutes! Great recipe Maren. Good thing we finally bought a deep freezer!

*Amy introduced me to this fabulous song that I just can't get enough of. I listen to it all the time. It is called "Paperthin Hymn" by Anberlin! It is amazing with so much emotion and it makes me want to run. Running right now would probably put me into labor and give me a heart attack because I am in such bad shape! Here is a link to the YOUTUBE video of it!

*As most of you know, we didn't reveal the name we had chosen for Chloee until she was born. We had it picked out from the time I was about 20 weeks. We are doing the same thing with this baby. People think we're weird, I don't care! First of all, people tend to keep their RUDE comments to themselves about how they don't like the name, when the baby is ALREADY here! Plus, I don't want to hear what everyone thinks about the name we picked out, if you don't like it, I don't care, I didn't say you had to name your baby that! Some people! We are having a hard time deciding on the name though. We have like 7 girl names but can't decide on any of them, even though we both like them all. I think there's another name out there for this one! Chloee says her name is "Chica", that is what Josh calls both Chloee and I, so of course she'd assume that would be the baby's name!

*My husband rocks! Yes that is right, he is the best! We are going to go see Twilight together this week. He even read the book, thanks Amy for the great gift! When I told him I was going to go see the movie with Amy sometime, he was like, "I know how much you want to see it and I'd like to take you to something you want to see so bad but let me read the book first so I know what's going on!" For real, I love that my husband DOESN'T care what other people think of him! Amy and I have decided that we have super "SECURE" husbands who really don't care what anyone else thinks of them. Micheal, Amy's husband, and yes ARMY man, has read all the books too and if he weren't in Iraq, she would have seen it with him opening night! Although, I know they are going to go in January when he comes home for his R&R! In the words of Micheal, "If you knew your wife wanted to see the movie, why wouldn't you take her? Are you really not secure enough with yourself to do that for your wife. And, duh, any man that takes his wife to that movie, is totally going to get laid!" Oh, so funny! I love him and miss him and his hilarious humor!

*I'm really sad that Josh is going out of town the week before Christmas! The closer it gets, the more I dread it! Blah, I hate Ohio, no offense, Jamie! I am looking forward to going to Snowbird next weekend with him though! That will be a fun and much needed getaway!

*We are buying our Christmas tree the day after Thanksgiving! We can hardly wait! So what if we are SUPER into Christmas. Josh already has our lights up on the house too! We really like to spend time together, just our little family. We are not traveling on Christmas and we like it that way. We did it for way TOO many years and we like doing our own traditions with just our family!

*Chloee is terrified of the dark. This big girl bed thing is going to put both Josh and I in an early grave! She is terrified to go to sleep by herself, when she wakes up in the middle of the night, she screams that she's scared. We have a nightlight in there but NOTHING seems to be working! I think my friend Jenni told me that she had a CD playing in her little boy, Dylon's room with Primary songs on it and it helped him. Or maybe that was someone else. I can't remember but that's the next thing to try.

5 comments:

Jenny said...

I bet it feels nice to get your feelings out :) I'm sure whatever you name your baby girl will be so cute and fit her perfectly :)

Amy and Micheal said...

Yes, my hubby did say that, what a funny guy. But come January, that'll be the case!! Ha ha! I can't wait to go see that with him. I love that Josh is loving the books. After you two lovebirds go see it, you and I can go and catch it. I CAN'T get tired of watching it!

"Paper Thin Hymn" is the awesomest song! I listen to it over and over and over in the car. "Oh, what's that, kids? You want to listen to track 13 again? That's the 27th time in a row. Come on, you guys are going to wear the cd out listening to it like that...ok, one more time..."

I guess I'll just be patient and wait to find out this little cuties name. Hey, is that why you kept dogding my question the other day? . . . .

What a great post! I think it calls for a nice wookie-shaved-lobster-tanned cake, wouldn't ya say?

Foster Family said...

I love the rabbit trails! Also love that cakewreck site! Hysterical. So on potty training...since our gals are similar. We really did wait for Rachel. Yep, I thought she'd be baptized in little swimmers. We got her big girl panties and she kind of did her own thing. We asked and encouraged and she kind of called the shots. One sunday morning she woke up, told me she had "potty power" (a super lame dvd from the library that she loved), said she wanted panties. Done. It was like overnight. She's hardly had any accidents. It just simply had to be on her terms. Sound familiar?? Good luck. Potty training while pregnant is not for the weak!

Sandstone Writings said...

Love your Rabbit Trail format. You're after my own heart! My husband has a hard time following my switches of subject when I'm talking. It's great to have someone listen (or read) and follow the tracks! PS Your Josh sounds great and hooray for Chloee!

Heather said...

I love reading about all the things you have going on. You are such a great writer!