Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Shortest 30 Minutes

The day usually drags, it's as if time stands still until Josh gets home. The best part of my day is at 10:30 am when Barney comes on KBYU. Chloee loves Barney! I have never seen her sit longer than 10 minutes to watch something, EVER! But, something magical happens when this show comes on... she doesn't move a muscle, she is so mesmerized, it's like she's in a trance. I love this, mainly because I can get ANYTHING done during those 30 minutes without being interrupted, but also because she takes a nice break from screaming! It's music to my ears! 10:30 - 11 am is MY SANITY TIME! I can shower, work on pictures and not have a care in the world. All through the day, time drags but of course that 30 minutes flies by as if it were only 30 seconds!

Me, thinking I'm all sneaky, go and buy a Barney DVD. Needless to say, it doesn't have the same effect, AT ALL! It's like it has to be on the TV to be the least bit interesting to her. I think she gets the fact that she can watch that one anytime she wants so she doesn't care for it. GO FIGURE!

7 comments:

Amy and Micheal said...

What? She didn't care for the video? She kills me, that Chlo. At least there is 30 minutes of free time for you. I'll remind myself not to bother you during your golden half hour. Maybe you should write to the TV station and ask/plead for a Barney marathon!

The Johnson's said...

Oh shoot, I was going to say I have a ton of Barney Videos (oh but they are videos not DVDs). Zach LOVED Barney too--it is always nice when you find something that will mesmerize them. Do you have TIVO? Maybe you could tape a bunch of shows and pretend they are on tv???

Lesa said...

That was a very clever idea to go and buy the Barney idea... I would have done the same... Too bad it didn't work all that well... Keep trying something has to work.

spemberly.blogspot.com said...

That's funny - Braden loved Barney at that age too, and it was the first and only thing he would sit and watch. Good ole' Barney!

Jon. Jamie. Ethan. Lynsi. Katie. said...

How funny that is she prefers the TV over a dvd you bought! EThan loves Barney too cause there are songs he can dance too! :)

Jon. Jamie. Ethan. Lynsi. Katie. said...

Hey p.s. I got Ethan's cute apron at Target for 25 cents on clearance! Still of a deal I know!!!!

Foster Family said...

Just when we think we have them figured out, they get smarter! Heaven help with with these girls! :)