Monday, November 10, 2008

Songs of Life

I was thinking the other day about this song that would really describe me at this point in my life and every time I hear it, I think, "This should be the theme song to my life right now". Then I thought, I'd do a post on each of our songs.


Josh's would definitely have to be "It's Beginning to Look A Lot Like Christmas". He loves that they are already playing Christmas music. Christmas is Josh's favorite holiday. It's fun to see him get all festive and there is always Christmas music playing when a radio is on!

Mine is "Shattered" by O.A.R. My favorite line in that song is, "How many times can I break 'till I shatter." I really just feel like this on most days. There are too many things going on right now in my life that stress me out and I have found that I just don't care about making everyone else happy and doing what is "expected" of me. I've gotten to the point where I really don't care what people think, it's my life and my decisions!


Of course Chlo's would have to be "Miss Independent" by Kelly Clarkson. Really, just the title of the song. This girl is so independent, some days Josh and I just want to PULL our hair OUT!!! Yesterday was definitely one of those days! I know it's part of development but this chick takes it to a whole new level. Everything and I mean EVERYTHING has to be done by herself, NO HELP, EVER... It becomes very old, very fast. Josh reminds me that it is a good thing and that at least she will never be walked all over. That girl has got a mind of her own! I'm sure my mom is laughing right now, as she reads this, because every time I am over there, my mom and dad inevitably comment on the fact that she is just like I was when I was that age! I blame The Mother's Curse: "I hope you have a child just like you!" At any rate, I hope Josh's mom made the curse on him cause that means I have a mellow one in the bunch coming, sometime...

1 comments:

Amy and Micheal said...

Yeah, that does describe the Chlo to a tee! She is so funny, and just like her momma. I also remember the good old days. No socks with the line over the toe, only stretchy pants (levi's? ew!), and only silk panties. Remember that hot pink pair? Oh man, you guys are two peas in a pod.

I'll need to listen to your song, I've never heard it. You know I'm always here with an open ear!

And for Josh, you should record a nice rendition of him singing the Twelve Days of Christmas and give it to mom!