Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Easter Eggs

I took my sister Amy to the airport today, I figured that I was only a little bit away from Kathy's, so we all got together and dyed Easter eggs. Ok, the grandkids dyed the eggs, but still, it was fun for us girls to get together.

Chandler, Rachael, Chloee and Tyler dying the eggs. Can you see Stacie in the background? She's doing what she is pretty much always doing.... texting. Just kidding Stacie, I have to give you a hard time because I know you are reading this!


Chloee was stripped down to her diaper for this. I knew that she would never be able to not get the dye ALL over. Why not dip your entire hand in the dye to set the egg in? This was stage 1!


Stage 2: Most of one hand. Then she realized that the other hand was sad that it didn't look orange. Don't you worry, she took care of that in a hurry!


Stage 3: Yep, they are still stained and probably will be by the time Easter rolls around.


This was the one egg Jake did but it was the best looking one. If you could see it closer, it has a face and is wearing a shower cap. His creativity is so fun, I mean check out that smile!


Chandler had lots of fun he also went through stages with the dye, just not as severe as Chloee. Stage 1: Think about dying the eggs.


Stage 2: Dye the eggs, USING A SPOON. More than I can say for his cousin.


Stage 3: The spoon was getting in the way so just pull it out with your hands!


We had a grand time with Grandma. She is so good to play with the grandkids and do fun activities with them. Rhyder is the baby, he is Stacie's (Josh's sister). He was just blessed on Sunday, that will be coming in a later post.

One note on Rhyder. Chloee LOVES him so much. She has to kiss him all the time and talk to him and say, "Hi Baby" and hold onto his foot when someone is holding him. I can tell that she would love to have a baby at our house but for now Rhyder will have to supplement for her. Plus, I think once she realized the baby would be staying.... it would be a whole different story!

2 comments:

Heather said...

Great pics (as always!)! I love how you did phases for the dye on Chloee's hands.

I bet, when the time comes, Chloee will be a great big sister!

Amy and Micheal said...

What a messy little monger! I can see why you stripped her down to her diaper for the dying fun. She could be real good at tie-dying t-shirts!