Sunday, March 23, 2008

Easter SUNDAY!

As I sat in church today, one of the speakers said something that I really liked. He said, "We do not embrace the empty cross, but the empty tomb." I don't know if he was quoting someone or not, I did not hear that part, so I am sorry if I gave credit in the wrong place.

I love my Redeemer, who has done so much for me. I realized as we were singing the closing Hymn in Sacrament meeting today, which was 'I Know That My Redeemer Lives', how incredibly blessed I am. I love the words to that song, they make me cry every time. I wanted to share just the first two verses.

I know that my Redeemer lives. What comfort this sweet sentence gives!
He lives, he lives, who once was dead. He lives, my ever living Head.
He lives to bless me with his love. He lives to plead for me above.
He lives my hungry soul to feed. He lives to bless in time of need.

He lives to grant me rich supply. He lives to guide me with his eye.
He lives to comfort me when faint. He lives to hear my soul's complaint.
He lives to silence all my fears. He lives to wipe away my tears.
He lives to calm my troubled heart. He lives all blessings to impart.

I love all of it but in verse two, I love how it talks about our soul's complaint, to silence all our fears, to wipe away our tears, to calm our troubled heart and all blessings to impart. I LOVE THAT. I think of a time when I have felt any of these emotions and it is my Savior who helps me to get through it. What better person to turn to for comfort and help than our Savior and brother, Jesus Christ? What better person to turn to than one who has felt all of your pain and anguish in the garden of Gethsemane? He has done so much for us, it almost feels incomprehensible.

I know that my Redeemer lives!!!!!

3 comments:

Jenny said...

What a sweet testimony Kim, that IS a wonderful song :) I also looked at the posts below, looks like the eggs turned out interesting! I think I'll give the Scatagories tag a try :)

Sandstone Writings said...

Thank you for the beautiful post. It reminded me of my own feelings about the Savior and brought tears to my eyes. I love that song, too. In our meeting, we in the choir got to sing Pres. Hinckley's song "What is this thing called death?" What a privilege.

Heather said...

Beautiful post.