Friday, March 7, 2008

Well Loved

Chloee has this care bear that is orange, or was at one time orange. She loves it! She calls it her "baby". Some friends of ours gave it to her for her 1st birthday and she has been attached ever since. She took her first steps with the "baby" in one hand and the other hand to balance. Baby goes to bed with her at night, naps, you name it. This baby is very well loved by Chloee. You can tell by its dingy, dirty, disgusting look, that it is well loved.

Why is it that our children's stuffed animals or playmates have to always look sparkling clean? In my book, if the object of your child's affection isn't hammered, beat and dirty, it simply wasn't loved enough!

Clearly Chloee ADORES this bear. If you can lift up the tag on its bottom you can see the color it once was, which is nothing of what you are seeing. For all of you who are judging me now with this picture, I don't care, I've seen the same face by people in the grocery store.

She loves to bite its nose and run around with it in her mouth. Who am I to clean, clean, clean my child's bear so that is will look presentable? As far as I'm concerned, this bear is smothered in Chloee's kisses and love, not embarrassment.

5 comments:

Amy and Micheal said...

I remember when she got that. Yes, Baby is very well loved! I heard he took a trip to colder weather, when Chloee shoved him in the fridge! She is so funny, I always laugh so hard watching her run around with him in her mouth! So cute!

Why is it that you find some of the crustiest people at the grocery store? They're just jealous that they don't have a Care Bear. Maybe you should get the Edward t-shirt that says "Bite Me" :)

Jenny said...

Well said Kim :)

The Over Family said...

I think that it's adorable the way that Chloee loves that CareBear!! I hope that she loves it for years to come...don't throw it away! :) I used to have a little stuffed reindeer. I had it FOREVER. I took it with me to college and even when I moved to California. I finally got rid of it right before I got married. I threw it away and I really regret it!! I seriously felt like I lost one of my best friends!! :) Ha-Ha! I know, pretty embarrassing. But I didn't think that Jonathan would appreciate having a stuffed animal in between us in bed, if you know what I mean. :) It's funny how people become so attached to inanimate objects... :)

Heather said...

I totally agree! You can tell when something is well loved!

P.S. Deep thought . . . hopefully that is what people think when I get old and hammered . . . that I was really loved! LOL.:-)

Jon. Jamie. Ethan. Lynsi. Katie. said...

hhahahah! Love the face on the carebear! I am still laughing that you said kids walk around with a dirty face at the grocery store! It's true! My son has! hahahaha I believe toys should be well-loved! Ethan has a huge ELMO that he sleeps with and carries around the house!